Chehalis Basin Partnership meetings serve as a forum for discussion about a wide array of topics in the watershed. Included below are slideshows from presentations that have been given at Partnership meetings over the past decade. We plan to record and share videos of future presentations through this website.
If you would like to learn more about any of the topics listed below, please contact us and we can put you in touch with the presenter.
Water Quality Presentations
Water Quality Presentations – Department of Ecology, March 25, 2016
- Overview of 2015 Monitoring in the Chehalis River
- Upcoming TMDL Effectiveness Monitoring in the Newaukum Watershed
- Financial Assistance options to address water quality issues for counties and cities
Water Quality Monitoring in the Chehalis – Deptartment of Ecology, June 2015
Water Quantity Presentations
Water Banking: Washington Water Trust. By Washington Water Trust, August 2015
2015 Drought in the Chehalis. By Dept. of Ecology, June 2015
2015 Drought in the Chehalis, Part II. By Dept. of Ecology, July 2015
Groundwater-Surface Water Interactions. By USGS, 2010
By Northwest Hydraulic Consultants, 2013.
Fry Creek Restoration and Flood Reduction project. Kris Koski, City of Aberdeen. September 22, 2017
Chehalis Strategy Presentations – February 19, 2016
- Governor’s Work Group, Chehalis Basin Strategy. J. Vander Stoep, February 19, 2016
- Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement. Chrissy Bailey, Department of Ecology, February 19, 2016
- Aquatic Species Restoration Plan. Carol Cloen, WDFW, February 19, 2016
- Community Engagement. Penny Mabie, EnviroIssues. February 19, 2016
Land Trusts: Capitol Land Trust, 2015
Water and Land Use Planning in Washington. Brian Abbot, 2009
Land Use Presentations
Flooding — Presentation March 24, 2017
Floodplain Management on the Chehalis Reservation. Glen Connelly, Chehalis Tribe.
Agriculture — Presentations April 22, 2016
- “Opportunities and Challenges to the Agriculture Industry in the Chehalis Basin” Brian Thompson, Lewis County Farm Bureau
- “Voluntary Stewardship Program in Thurston County” Charissa Waters, Thurston Conservation District
- “Working with the Farming Community” Bob Amrine, Lewis County Conservation District
Forestry — Presentations October 28, 2016
- “Opportunities and Challenges for Small Forest Landowners in the Chehalis Basin” — Elaine Oneil, WA Farm Forestry Association
- “Landscape scale forest stewardship master plan for small forest landowners in the Chehalis Basin” Julie Sackett, WA Department of Natural Resources
Public Involvement Presentations
Citizen Science Opportunities – Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. Wendy Connally, WDFW. April 2017.
How Citizen Science Contributes to Science – Marc Hayes, WDFW. April 2017
Clean Stream and Memes. By Joshua Francy, 2015
Oakville Tree Planting. By Rochester Middle School, 2013